Virtual Bouchercon 2015 Free Book GIveaway!
For the first time in many years, Crum Creek Press isn't able to attend Bouchercon. Instead, this year, we're giving away free books! We are offering free ebook editions of four first-in-series titles that we publish, or buy-one-get-one-free offers for print books on our website or at your local bookstore. These offers tie in to DorothyL's Virtual Bouchercon* but are also open to all, now through October 25, 2015.
Publishers Weekly on John Billheimer:
"With his easygoing style and meticulous attention to detail, Billheimer not only entertains but raises some philosophical questions in this morally complex story of government corruption and the battle between development and preservation."
Tom & Enid Schantz, in The Purloined Letter, on P.M. Carlson:
“Carlson has put it all together wonderfully ... terrific characters, funny incidents, genuine suspense, and an absolutely right sense of period and place. If comparisons were in order, we’d say Maggie and Nick are as memorable a sleuthing team as Nick and Nora Charles or Lord Peter Wimsey and Harriet Vane – but there’s no need to make comparisons. The series stands quite admirably on its own.”
Marilyn Stasio, in The New York Times, on Terence Faherty
“As the moody hero suspected, the answer to the mystery is a sad one, but worth the pursuit for the existential lesson he takes from it -- to keep searching for the tiny bits of mental order that keep at bay that ‘archenemy’ of the thinking man, ‘the idea that the universe is godless and capricious, without pattern or meaning.’ No guns, no gore, but plenty of intellectual guts.”
Mystery News on Kate Flora:
"Thea is a great character; she has a thoroughly real set of strengths and weaknesses; she is hell-bent on discovering the truth, even while she knows–just as well as the reader–that truth often comes at considerable personal cost."
How to get your free book:
1) Visit Smashwords and use a coupon code for a free e-book version of these titles. Click on each title below to go straight to the book's Smashwords page, then enter the coupon code at checkout on Smashwords to get your free ebook.
- The Contrary Blues by John Billheimer - coupon code: UL85H
- Audition for Murder by P.M. Carlson - coupon code: VC98K
- Deadstick by Terence Faherty - coupon code: NA24A
- Chosen for Death by Kate Flora - coupon code: LB89U
2) Prefer a real book? Order any one of these four titles on our website - click on a cover image above to get started. Just ask for any other title that we publish by John Billheimer, P.M. Carlson, Terence Faherty or Kate Flora -- visit our catalog page for the full list -- and we'll add the second book to your shipment at no additional charge. Offer valid in the US only. Put your request in the comment box on the checkout form. No limit on this offer: buy two of these four titles and get two free books, etc.
3) Better yet, keep your dollars local! Buy any one of these four books from your local brick and mortar bookstore -- independent or chain, and we'll send you a free print book. (These titles may not be in stock at your local store, but they're readily available to all bookstores direct or via Ingram -- they'll know what that means.) Scan and email a copy of your itemized receipt to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax your receipt to us at 740-204-3180. We'll send your choice of any other print book that we publish by John Billheimer, P.M. Carlson, Terence Faherty or Kate Flora at no charge. Include your mailing address and your book request in your fax/email. Offer valid in the US only. This offer is limited to the first 100 requests, one per person. (No limit on the free ebook or buy-one-get-one free on our website offers.) Act fast, and check back here to see if we've hit 100 yet.
These offers are good through October 25, 2015 only. Happy reading!